The Rust for Linux project is adding support for the Rust language to the Linux kernel. This talk describes the work done so far and also serves as an introduction for other kernel developers interested in using Rust in the kernel.
- A quick introduction of the Rust language within the context of the kernel.
- How Rust support works in the kernel: overall infrastructure, compilation model, the standard library (
- How Documentation for Rust code looks like.
- Testing Rust code (unit tests and self tests).
- Overview of tooling (e.g. compiler as a library, custom linters, Miri, etc.).
- Explanation of coding guidelines (e.g. automatic formatting) and policies we follow (e.g. the
- How kernel driver code looks like in Rust.
|I agree to abide by the anti-harassment policy||I agree|